The first day of school is right around the corner on August 8th! Scholars and families may be excited to see their friends, teachers and schools leaders and may even feel a little nervous about starting a new grade or school. Below are a few tips to smooth the transition back into the school year to get set up for success! Detailed information can be found on your school’s Facebook page or web page under the Families and Scholars section.
- Attend an Open House or Meet the Teacher Night prior to the first day of school. This is the perfect opportunity to ask questions and receive answers. Meeting your scholar’s teacher and school leader, getting to know the campus and other families will help build your support network! This is also a good time to learn school-specific guidelines and procedures.
- Car line was created to have a safe, smooth and quick drop off for parents and scholars. Make sure to learn your school’s car line route and specific procedures prior to the first day!
- School Supplies should be purchased before the first day of school. Some campuses have drop off days for school supplies prior to school starting to help ensure your scholar has a prepared first day of class. Lists can vary by school and grade so check with your school’s front office or website for more details.
- Each school set a uniform policy that should be followed from the first day of school until the last day. Uniform colors and companies vary by campus. For more information on our uniform information visit your school’s website.
- The law requires that all children must be fully vaccinated in accordance with the Texas Department of State Health Services before the start of school. Exclusions from compliance are allowable on an individual basis for medical reasons, reasons of conscience, including a religious belief, and active duty with the armed forces of the United States. Immunization records and all paperwork should be turned in prior to the first day. Scholars who are not exempt or who have not turned in their shot records will not be allowed to start on the first day. For more information contact your school nurse.
- The link to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch applications is now live! We encourage every household to apply. Your application benefits funding for your school and can help in receiving FREE breakfast for all scholars. Apply today at heartlandapps.com!
- Scholars that have summer assignment should have them completed and ready to turn in by first day of school. Contact your front desk if you have any questions on summer assignments.
- Start a sleep schedule routine at least one week prior to school beginning. Ensuring your scholar is well rested will help aid them during school learning.
- As always, make sure your scholar is well-rested and has had or arrives early to have breakfast every day before school!
We look forward to seeing all new and returning faces at our Uplift campuses. Share with us your first day of school photos on our social media pages Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #UpliftBTS.